Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (13): Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

teasertuesdaybutton
 
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week's teaser comes from the following book:
 
 


Title: Onyx (Lux #2)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Published: August 14, 2012
Purchase:  Amazon Barnes & Noble

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…



The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own.

He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Photobucket 



My teaser:

"Gasping, I arched my back off the bed,
and a strangled scream escaped the back of my throat. 
 Everything burned.  A fire raged inside me ten times worse than before,
and I knew I was dying.  I had to be..."  - pg. 16

So far, I'm enjoying this book even more than I enjoyed Obsidian.  Daemon is slowly but surely winning me over.  I can't wait to see what happens next!

I'd love to know what your teaser is!

6 comments:

  1. hehehe the power of Daemon! Awesome choice for a teaser! Hope you love this one! Then you can read Opal and join me as I wait for Origin =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Daemon in the first book, can't wait to pick up the sequel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! A JLA teaser! Daemon won me over a little more with each book. ;) I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really, REALLY need to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful teaser. I am so in love with Daemon Black :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. great teaser and I'm so glad Daemon is winning you over hehe ;) I'm excited that you are finally reading this, well read now :) I know you finished it and are officially in love with daemon yay! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love getting comments! I don't participate in blog tags, and this is an award-free blog; but I do love making new blogger friends. So, if you're a new follower, please leave me a link to your blog - I'd love to follow back.