Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (10): November Novellas #8-10

waitingonwednesdaybanner40


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine,
that showcases our most anticipated upcoming releases.

 
novemberbutton2
 
This month, I've been spotlighting and/or reviewing novellas.  I adore novellas because they are fast, intriguing reads that either give us insight into a character or storyline that wasn't visited in the book, or they add excitement and fuel the reader's need for the next book in a series.  Whether they are prequels or grant us some type of closure, they are a favorite of mine.  So, for this Waiting on Wednesday, I've chosen three novellas that I'm patiently waiting for:
 
November Novella #8:
 


Title: 'Til the World Ends
Authors: Julie Kagawa, Ann Aguirre, and Karen Duvall
Publisher: Harlequin
Expected Publication: January 29, 2013
Purchase:  Amazon Barnes & Noble

Dawn of Eden by Julie Kagawa

Before The Immortal Rules, there was the Red Lung, a relentless virus determined to take out all in its path. For Kylie, the miracle of her survival is also her burden—as a doctor at one of the clinics for the infected, she is forced to witness endless suffering. What’s worse, strange things are happening to the remains of the dead, and by the time she befriends Ben Archer, she’s beginning to wonder if a global pandemic is the least of her problems...

Thistle & Thorne by Ann Aguirre

After a catastrophic spill turns the country into a vast chemical wasteland, those who could afford it retreated to fortresses, self-contained communities run by powerful corporations. But for Mari Thistle, life on the outside—in the Red Zone—is a constant struggle. To protect her family, Mari teams up with the mysterious Thorne Goodman. Together, they’ll face an evil plot in both the underworld of the Red Zone and the society inside the fortresses that could destroy those on the outside... for good.

Sun Storm by Karen Duvall

Sarah Daggot has been chasing storms since she was a child. But after the biggest solar flares in history nearly destroy the planet, she becomes a Kinetic, endowed by her exposure to extreme radiation with the power to sense coming storms—in the cosmos and beyond. And she’s not the only one. Sarah believes the Kinetics are destined to join forces and halt the final onslaught of the sun. She’ll vow to keep trying to convince the one missing link in their chain of defense, the enigmatic Ian Matthews, up until the world ends.


Photobucket 




Holy buckets of unabashed happiness!  Three novellas in one amazing book!  I loved The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, so I can't wait to read this short about Eden.  I'm a huge Ann Aguirre fan, so I'm super excited to read about Thorne and Thistle.  While I'm not familiar with Karen Duvall, she had me at "storm chaser."  Sarah sounds like a character after my own heart!


November Novella # 9
 


Title: Radiant (Unearthly #2.5)
Author:  Cynthia Hand
Publisher: Harper Teen
Expected Publication: December 4, 2012
Purchase:  Amazon Barnes & Noble


From New York Times bestselling author Cynthia Hand comes a riveting original novella (available only as an ebook) set in the world of the Unearthly series.


Clara is desperate to get away—from the memories that haunt her in Wyoming and the visions of a future she isn't ready to face—and spending the summer in Italy with her best friend, Angela, should be the perfect escape. . . .


For as long as she can remember, Angela has been told that love is dangerous, that she must always guard her heart. But when she met a mysterious guy in Italy two years ago she was determined to be with him, no matter the costs. Now she must decide whether she can trust Clara with her secret, or if telling her the truth will risk everything she cares about.

Alternating between Angela and Clara's perspectives, Radiant chronicles the unforgettable summer that will test the bounds of their friendship and change their lives forever.

 
Photobucket




I think I'm most excited for Radiant and, GUYS... it comes out next week!  I love it when the wait isn't long!


November Novella # 10



Title: Annabel (Delirium #0.5)
Author:  Lauren Oliver
Publisher: Harper Collins
Expected Pub: December 26, 2012
Purchase:  Amazon Barnes & Noble

Lena's mother, Annabel, has always been a mystery—a ghost in Lena's past. Until now.

Discover her secrets in Lauren Oliver's brilliant original digital story set in the world of New York Times bestsellers Delirium and Pandemonium.

Lena Halloway's mother, Annabel, supposedly committed suicide when Lena was only six years old. That's the lie that Lena grew up believing, but the truth is very different. As a rebellious teenager, Annabel ran away from home and straight into the man she knew she was destined to marry. The world was different then—the regulations not as stringent, the cure only a decade old. Fast forward to the present, and Annabel is consigned to a dirty prison cell, where she nurtures her hope of escape and scratches one word over and over into the walls: Love.

But Annabel, like Lena, is a fighter. Through chapters that alternate between her past and present, Annabel reveals the story behind her failed cures, her marriage, the births of her children, her imprisonment, and, ultimately, her daring escape.


 
Photobucket




Another novella that I'm anxious to get my hands on!  I've been so curious about Lena's mother, and I'm thrilled that Lauren Oliver is going to give us some insight into this mysterious character.

  I LOVED Hana, so I'm positive that Annabel is going to be an amazing read!
 
Hana (Delirium, #1.5)




14 comments:

  1. I love anthologies so I've had my eye on 'Til The World Ends for a long time! And I can't believe I haven't heard of Radiant!!! SO excited! Dying to see what happens with Clara's summer and I just know Angela is dating a dark wing!!! Also looking forward to getting to know Lena's mom more. All great picks!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had my sight set on Til the World Ends awhile now. I definitely need to check out the other novellas as well. They look good!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picks! I still need to catch up on the Unearthly series and Delirium series. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed Oliver's Hana, so I'm eager to get my hands on Annabel! And Radiant?! How could I not know about that?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so can't wait for Til The World Ends! It sounds like it should be pretty epic. Thanks for sharing!

    MaryAnn | Chapter by Chapter
    Our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you enjoy! your choices.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great little novellas up there. I am most excited for Radiant. I cannot wait for the conclusion of the Unearthly triology! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I'm not usually a fan of anthologies or novellas, but I can't wait to read both of these! I hope you enjoy :)

    Tara @ Hobbitsies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome picks!!!! I actually just got Til The World Ends from NetGalley yesterday!! And I am super excited for Radiant! And Annabel?!?!?! I didn't even know there was a novella for Lena's mom coming out!!!! Thanks for spotlighting it! I definitely cant wait to read that as well!!!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am going to pre-order Till the World Ends right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently started reading Lauren Oliver's books so I'm going to read Hanna and Annabel when I'm done with the trilogy.. I'd also like to read 'Til the World Ends. I haven't head of your second pick but it sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy reading the books when they come out. Great picks!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. *DEEP AUDIBLE INHALATION* ANNABEL!!!!! ermergerh so much love and WANT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great choices for the WOW! OMG I didn't know about the new Lauren oliver one! I'm so excited now!!! I really enjoyed hana and thought it was a nice addition to the series. We so need to read this together when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love getting comments! I don't participate in blog tags, and this is an award-free blog; but I do love making new blogger friends. So, if you're a new follower, please leave me a link to your blog - I'd love to follow back.