Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November Novellas (#7): Before the Moon Rises by Catherine Bybee

novemberbutton2
 

Title: Before the Moon Rises
Series: Ritter Werewolves
Author:  Catherine Bybee
Published: March 22, 2012

Purchase:  Amazon Barnes & Noble

My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★


After a twelve-hour shift in a busy emergency room, Janet O’Brien is beat. Her last patient arrives unconscious and naked. She’s lead to believe he’s a psyche patient off his meds. However, once he awakens, Janet is charmed by his million-dollar smile and agrees to give him a ride home.


Werewolf, Max Ritter notices the sassy nurse when he wakes after a night under the full moon. Unfortunately, his archrival is drawn to Janet as well. In order to keep her out of harm's way, he opts to keep her close. When the chemistry between them sparks, Max discovers a completely new reason to keep Janet safe.


Photobucket


postdivider2
 
Before the Moon Rises is a hot little read that I found on Amazon for FREE. It’s the story of Max Ritter, an incredibly gorgeous, oh-so-anatomically-correct, smooth-talking man who just happens to be… a werewolf. After a full moon and a long night protecting the city from his arch nemesis and rival werewolf Gorman, Max is brought into the Emergency Room at County General unconscious…and completely naked. Having worked an exhausting graveyard shift, all RN Janet O’Brien wants to do is go home and crash. But with Max as her newest and last patient of the night, her plans are about to take a crazy turn.

An instant chemistry between the two, along with the fact that Janet has managed to catch the interest of a strange man in the ER (bad-guy/werewolf Gorman who has decided to make Janet his next target), has Max seething and assigning himself as Janet’s personal bodyguard, thus insinuating himself into every aspect of her life.

But Gorman will stop at nothing to have Janet, claim her in front of Max, and become the leader of the pack once and for all.

This short story was a fun, fast read. It was sexy and well-written. There were a couple of cheesy moments, but for the most part, the dialogue flowed nicely. I really enjoyed the characters and was impressed with the knowledge the author had of an ER and of nursing in general. Turns out the author was an RN, and she uses her hands-on knowledge and experience beautifully in this book. I loved her touching dedication to Emergency Room nurses.

I’m definitely adding the rest of the Ritter Werewolves series to my TBR. These are great books to read if, like me, you love a great werewolf story and, after reading too much YA, find yourself in need of a more mature, sexy read.

You can download this book for free at Amazon or B&N.

**This book is not YA. It contains adult themes, canoodling, and one hot, naked werewolf ;).  So consider yourself tempted warned.


chelesiggy

17 comments:

  1. This has been such a fun event. I have loved all your novellas and I like that this one is free and a great introduction to a new seriies. That is how novellas should be done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heidi! It's been a ton of fun! I'm featuring some great ones tomorrow on my Waiting on Wednesday post! So many novellas to look forward to! <3

      Delete
  2. Well this sounds like a fun, quick, smexy read! I am loving these little novella reviews, sometimes these are the perfect read for me..because i am guilty of one more chapter-ing myself till 3 am. With these I am guaranteed an ending and a good nights sleep..LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! A sexy novella and a good night's sleep :) I think you'll like this one, Kimba!

      Delete
  3. Dammit, Michele.. you made me dribble my water on my shirt with that "oh-so-anatomically-correct" bit. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Better water than wine, right? On the other hand.... <3

      Delete
  4. You are finding some great novellas. I need to start reading some!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give them a read - they are so much fun ;)

      Delete
  5. Wahahahahahaha! "consider yourself (tempted) warned." Awesome review, girl <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa. This looks like a novella that I need. Thanks for bringing it to my attn. glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime, and I definitely think you'll like this one ;)

      Delete
  7. Ooooeeeee sounds like Alcide!! delish!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was definitely a hottie like Alcide! ;) xoxoxo

      Delete
  8. How did I miss the review when it went up? Damn Google alerts aren't what they used to be.

    Thanks for the review! The second book in the series is much longer. Enjoy...and Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Catherine! I look forward to reading more about Ritter Werewolves ;)

      Delete
  9. bwhaahah love your last statement. i take it as katertot will not be reading this one :-P OOO a book with nursing it it sweeeeet :) sounds good I just downloaded it on my kindle :) yay for free books! Thanks for the review love :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love getting comments! I don't participate in blog tags, and this is an award-free blog; but I do love making new blogger friends. So, if you're a new follower, please leave me a link to your blog - I'd love to follow back.