Thursday, November 29, 2012

November Novellas (#12): Katertot's review of Iron's Prophecy by Julie Kagawa

novemberbutton2
 


Title: Iron's Prophecy
 (The Iron Fey #4.5)
Author:  Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: September 1, 2012

Purchase:  Amazon Barnes & Noble

Katertot's Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★


Meghan Chase is finally getting used to being the Iron Queen, ruler of the Iron Fey. Her life may be strange, but with former Winter prince Ash by her side at last, she wouldn’t have it any other way.



But when they travel to the Summer and Winter courts’ gathering for Elysium, the oracle from Meghan’s past returns with a dire prophecy: “What you carry will either unite the courts, or it will destroy them.” Now Meghan faces a devastating choice that may determine the future of all fey—and her and Ash’s unborn child…


Photobucket



kkreviewpost-14
 
 
Iron’s Prophecy was a wonderful, heartwarming way to end the amazing Iron Fey series. I am so sad to say goodbye to this fantastic series. It is by far one of my favorites, and I know I will be revisiting it again soon. Especially since there is now a spin off series, The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten.  Julie Kagawa’s writing and word transition are beautiful and flawless. I can never get enough of it.

In Iron’s Prophecy, we meet the Oracle again, and she has a terrifying foretelling for Meghan. Meghan finds that it is yet again time to make a very difficult decision. But although there are several ominous and serious moments in this novella, there are some pretty hilarious and enjoyable ones as well. I was glad to see that Meghan was funny this time, too:

“‘Oh… That’s just fabulous. And you expect us to kill that thing?
It’s the size of Walmart.’”

There were hilarious quotes throughout the whole novella, as well as sweet and heartwarming ones, such as this: 

“‘Feeling homesick?’
‘Tir Na Nog is no longer my home… Meghan…”
He shifted closer, closing the distance between us,
and one hand rose to brush my cheek.
“My home…is with you.’”

I could definitely go on and on about this wonderful novella, but because it would be way too easy to spoil it for those who haven’t read it, I’ll stop here.

I just want to thank Julie Kagawa for writing such an amazing series. These characters and this series will always have a special place on my shelf and in my heart.

If, like me, you have e-copies of all The Iron Fey novellas and want a physical copy for your shelves (or if you’re like my mom and can’t look at a cover with a snake on it), you can purchase The Iron LegendsAmazon  |   Barnes&Noble). This gorgeous book contains all three novellas: Winter's Passage, Summer's Crossing,  and Iron's Prophecy.  And it matches our physical copies of The Iron Fey beautifully! The Iron Legends is also available for your e-reader; and, while the paperback is cheaper at B&N, the e-copy is cheaper at Amazon.
Photobucket
 

 


katessignature

13 comments:

  1. You just reminded me that I bought this and still haven't read it. I need to dig it out and see how it all ends. I adore Puck and his hilarious quips and I loved the ones you shared. Wonderful review Katertot so glad you love this series as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Ms. Heidi! Gotta love Puck! I hope you get to read Iron's Prophecy soon! <3

      Delete
  2. Kstertot, I still need to read this epic series..and would you believe a few of them are in my tbr pile..ugh! So glad you enjoyed this and your enthusiasm is contagious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. Kimba! I hope you get to finish it soon! It's such an awesome series! <3

      ~ Katertot

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed this too! Though to me, it doesn't feel like it's over at all now that we have the spin-off series. :) Brilliant review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ms. Sam! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Ethan is cute, but he's got some big shoes to fill - hehe <3

      ~Katertot

      Delete
  4. You are just as bad as your mother at making me want to start a book/series ASAP! Maybe I should say "just as good" instead. Either way, this was a great review, hon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Ms. Christy! I guess I'm a chip off the young block! *wink, wink* Gotta stay out of trouble - hehehe <3

      ~Katertot

      Delete
  5. Great review, KK! I LOVED this series and will definitely add this novella to my ASAP-TBR.Your mention of snakes on the cover made me waffle and reminded me of that creepy perfectly-posed kitten picture that kept popping up on my phone. hahahahah good times. love ya’ll so much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nyssa! Thank you so much! I'm so happy you loved it! HAHAHA! I do love that picture, but Mom said she'd rather look at the snake on the cover than see those cats again! Love you bunches and bits! <3

      ~Katertot

      Delete
  6. Great review. I have only read The Lost Prince, but bought the entire series and hope to get to it really soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. Ellen! The series is amazing! Hope you get a chance to read it soon! ~Katertot

      Delete
  7. Great review Katertot :) I cant wait to read this series! I have the first one and your mom was very adamant that I HAD to read this series. I'm glad you enjoyed them also and I'm always excited to see your reviews, keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love getting comments! I don't participate in blog tags, and this is an award-free blog; but I do love making new blogger friends. So, if you're a new follower, please leave me a link to your blog - I'd love to follow back.