Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (3): Sever by Lauren DeStefano



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine,
that showcases our most anticipated upcoming releases.

My WoW pick for this week is:





Title:  Sever (The Chemical Garden #3)
Author:  Lauren DeStefano
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Expected Publication:  February 12, 2013

AmazonB&NThe Book Depository



Time is running out for Rhine in this conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Chemical Garden Trilogy.






With the clock ticking until the virus takes its toll, Rhine is desperate for answers. After enduring Vaughn’s worst, Rhine finds an unlikely ally in his brother, an eccentric inventor named Reed. She takes refuge in his dilapidated house, though the people she left behind refuse to stay in the past. While Gabriel haunts Rhine’s memories, Cecily is determined to be at Rhine’s side, even if Linden’s feelings are still caught between them.

Meanwhile, Rowan’s growing involvement in an underground resistance compels Rhine to reach him before he does something that cannot be undone. But what she discovers along the way has alarming implications for her future—and about the past her parents never had the chance to explain.

In this breathtaking conclusion to Lauren DeStefano’s Chemical Garden trilogy, everything Rhine knows to be true will be irrevocably shattered.

Photobucket


 
If you caught my review of Fever from a couple of weeks ago, then it will come as no surprise that I am anxiously counting the days until February 12 for the conclusion to The Chemical Garden Series and to find out what will become of Rhine, Gabriel, Linden, Rowan... and Cecily and Vaughn!

What book are YOU waiting to get your hands on? 
I'd love to know, so leave me a link in the comments!

30 comments:

  1. Nice pick! I have Wither, but still haven't read it. And I live the cover. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! Hope you enjoy the series :D

      Delete
  2. Great pick. I've not had a chance to start the series but everyone seems to love it, I need to start on it too. Have a great reading week. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it once you do, Mandy! Thanks so much - you have a great one, too! :D

      Delete
  3. This series has been on my radar, i love the cover guess I better read the first two asap! Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the covers amazing?? Honestly, one of the most beautiful series!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of the books from this series, but I want to! :)
    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you'll get a chance to! Thanks so much for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to this one, too. Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and a Happy Wednesday to you! :D

      Delete
  6. This series has been on my list for awhile. I held off to avoidmcliffhangers. Now I can read it and get the whole story in February, that is if I get my TBR under control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll love it! There are so many differing opinions on these books, but I just adore them. I can't wait to hear your thoughts! ;D

      Delete
  7. I just love the concept of a chemical garden- how intriguing! Also, a fascinating cover. Thanks so much for your review! ~ Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a marvelous series, Jess! Hope you'll get a chance to read it :D

      Delete
  8. i have not read this series yet . tnx 4 sharing
    my wow

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Fever yet so I can't say I'm waiting on this book too, but I hope the wait for you is worth it! 2013 feels like ages away but hopefully it will be here before we know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam! It really does, but yet we're nearly four months away from 2013! This year has flown by! Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Right??? Thanks for stopping by and joining me in the excruciating wait!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, Dani, and thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  12. I love this cover! Although, the first and second were by far more attractive, as this one is too... green. ;) Anyways, thanks for sharing! I hope it exceeds your expectations!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I thought the same thing! While it is very pretty, the color reminds me a bit of a green screen! I prefer the first two covers, but I am dying for the contents of this one! Thank you so much, lovely! <3

      Delete
  13. I'm excited for Sever too! New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you so much for stopping by and for the follow, Chey! :D

      Delete
  14. Gah! I need to start this series. I'm still waiting to read the 1st book. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesssss!! Start it! I want to hear your thoughts ;D

      Delete
  15. I need to get my butt in gear and read Fever ASAP. Great pick.

    New follower. :]

    Here's My WoW!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you will love it as much as I did! Thanks so much for stopping by and for the follow :D

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love getting comments! I don't participate in blog tags, and this is an award-free blog; but I do love making new blogger friends. So, if you're a new follower, please leave me a link to your blog - I'd love to follow back.