Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Moving Blues


movingcartoon


Ahhhhhh! It’s so good to be back! I missed you guys sooooo much!! I can hardly wait to catch up on your blogs and see what all I’ve missed! I want to know what everyone is reading!!!








Before I recount my moving woes, I want to give a huge shout-out to our dear friend, Nyssa! She flew to TX, helped us pack up necessities, load them, and then drove my Jeep with me and three pugs as her passengers. We followed my hubby, Katertot, and the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad Chihuahua in their small, rented moving truck. We went through towns where we were certain we heard banjos playing. Nyssa was a life-saver. We cannot thank her enough and are so blessed to have someone like her in our lives. Love you, girl!

Before we left TX, our upstairs central air conditioning unit quit. Exactly what you need in the scorching Texas heat and right before you’re listing your house on the market. I should have known this move wasn’t going to be easy when we had to fork over $1,000 before we even got on the road! Then there was the very painful spider bite I had to deal with - nausea and fever makes a fifteen-hour drive go by so quickly. Not. We finally made it to my sweet little hometown in Mississippi. It was so great spending time with family and being back in the house I grew up in. The visit went by too fast, though, and we were back on the road before we were ready. But we didn’t get far before the air went out in my Jeep and smoke began pouring from underneath the hood. Smack dab in the middle of Podunk, Alabama (yeah, you can tell I spent some time in the deep South), where humidity and the heat index are referred to as “fire and brimstone.” That set us back another thousand dollars and several hours behind schedule. We finally arrived on the coast and at our new home after being awake for over twenty-four hours. That’s when another realization hit: I am not as young as I used to be, and pulling all-nighters is a thing of the past. Seriously. At one point, I became delirious, and I’m pretty sure I blacked out for thirty seconds. Nyssa has stories. Funny, funny stories. It took days to recover! Oh, and did I mention the movers won’t be here with our belongings until the end of August?? Good times. I spent a quiet, not-so-happy birthday in my new, empty place and worked through some sadness over leaving TX.

Then, I looked at the birthday present that Nyssa gave me:

 

If Veronica Roth tells me to “Be Brave,” I'm going to listen.

...Well, there was that and the cupcakery that we stumbled upon the other day:














Yummy!  My spirits are lifted!!! So, enough whining. I’m shaking off the moody blues and putting on my happy face. I’m really beginning to appreciate the beauty of our new home and Katertot is loving all the different birds she has seen so far. We both watched a gray fox for an hour while it watched us! Our house is surrounded by a beautiful woodland, and there’s a trail that leads to the water. Speaking of water, I’ve definitely never had one of these in my neighborhood before:



I think we’re going to be just fine.

I want to thank everyone for all the support, words of encouragement, and birthday wishes! It means so much to me. To show my thanks, I’ll have a giveaway going up in my next post. Hope you’ll stop by and enter.
It’s great to be back!
xoxoxo




8 comments:

  1. Woodlands and a beautiful beach? It sounds wonderful! I hope you enjoy your new home once you've recovered a bit. ;) It's nice to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sam... woodlands and beach = score! I'm glad you all go there safely, and hope your stuff gets there SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So supremely jealous right now...of the destination, not the move, lol. So glad to have you back and that you made it there safely. I've missed you something fierce, BBS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO I'll change my name to Michele to have that Divergent book lol :-P Just kidding awesome B-Day Gift NYSSA :) holly crap those cupcakes look flipping amazing! YUM! you totally just made me hungry lol. I need to go to the bakery around here that is super good. I need a red velvet cupcake. :) It is all your fault :P The beach looks awesome also :) I hope the rough time is over and things fall into place now! I'm glad you are back1 i have missed your wonderfulness in the blogging world! BIG Hugs Love! Keep smiling :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Glad you're back! So glad to have my best-book-buddy over here in my neck of the woods!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh man! What a moving trip. I am so glad you are getting settled, I am just sorry that is was such a miserble experience. I think you are going to love your new home being so close to the ocean. It probably won't be so hot and dry just humid! I have missed you and a, glad that you will be back on the blogophere soon. Hey look on the bright side, no moving truck means you don't have to unpack, enjoy it while it lasts! Hugs! Things will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG YOU GUYS!!! it was a FANTASTIC roadtrip, and it was all my HONOR! :D and I knoww all you fabulous bloggers know this already, but I just feel led to comment on how talented you are, Mama M! Cheles has this amazing gift of wordcrafting and I'm so happy she's sharing it with all of us on a daily basis with this BEAUTIFUL blog! (seriously, girl, I love the new labels going on up in here!) I love you so much!!!!! xoxoxo and we def gunna get some of them CUPCAKES. nom nom :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my goodness. Happy Birthday. Belated, obvs.

    Shit that move sounded rough, but that beach.. makes it all worth it. I would love to live near the beach. It's my life long dream. We have talked about relocating to the Carolina's someday. That's very far off in the future though. We vow to move wherever Aubrey settles down when she's an adult. I'm hoping it's somewhere warm.

    I'm glad that you guys made it though. sucky trip, but it could have been worse I suppose. Yikes on the spider bites. Spiders blow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love getting comments! I don't participate in blog tags, and this is an award-free blog; but I do love making new blogger friends. So, if you're a new follower, please leave me a link to your blog - I'd love to follow back.