Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (4): The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser comes from the following book:





Title:   The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1)
Author:   Julie Kagawa
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen
Expected Publication:  October 23, 2012


Amazon | Barnes & Noble


Don’t look at Them.  Never let Them know you can see Them.





That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’s dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myths and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

My name is Ethan Chase. And I may not live to see my eighteenth birthday.

 

My teaser is:


“‘You go back to what you were doing before,’ I replied.
 ‘You try to get on with your life, and pretend it didn’t happen.
 It’ll be easier for you…’”
 -  pg 204

Oh, my!  I wonder who’s doling out this wisdom and who is on the receiving end? I can’t wait to find out!

 
I'd love to know what your Teaser Tuesday is! Leave me a link in the comments so I can visit you!

30 comments:

  1. I'm curious about this warning too and wondering what happened.
    My Teaser is from Vengeance is Sacred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! My curiousity is out of control ;D

      Delete
  2. I still have to read this series but the teaser sounds awesome :) I want to know who's on the receiving end too :)

    Here;s my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you will - it's absolutely magical! Thanks so much for visiting :D

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting this one!
    Nice teasers! Here's mine. :)
    Happy Tuesday and enjoy reading!
    *New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michelle! Happy Reading and thank you for the follow <3

      Delete
  4. Great teaser! I'm so looking forward to reading this. I hope you are enjoying it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am! I'm devouring it ;) Thank you, Sam! <3

      Delete
  5. Intriguing teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome teaser! I love the Iron Fey series so I am looking forward to reading this one. Thanks for sharing.

    Feel free to visit my blog.
    SeeitORreadit


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to hear your thoughts on it once you've read it. So far, it's amazing!

      Delete
  7. I've never heard of this series, so this sounds really interesting. Here's my teaser:
    http://sweetrocket.wordpress.com/2012/08/21/teaser-tuesdays-lovers-strangers-by-candace-schuler/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you'll check it out! It's so easy to get lost in the world of the Fey ;)

      Delete
  8. Oh wow! That is a great Teaser, totally makes me want to read the book!! You must tell me all about this one ;) <3 My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will adore this series, love! Can't wait for you to read it! <3 <3

      Delete
  9. Oh, you saucy little minx, you! You're trying to taunt me now, aren't you? :P I will be strong. I will. IwillIwillIwill.

    Here's my teaser from Burn Bright! Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser, I'm so looking forward to reading this one!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Reading :D

      Delete
  11. I am dying to dig into this one!!! And I do wonder who he is talking about! And who is talking! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, it's soooo good! I can't wait to find out either! Thanks for visiting :D

      Delete
  12. Oh yeah!! I can't wait to read The Lost Prince. I'm trying to make myself hold out until closer to release. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even bother trying... I knew I wouldn't make it ;) Thanks so much for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  13. I actually follow this thing in real life. Just pretend nothing happened. I too wonder what happened...

    Check out my teaser

    Kero @ Kero's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! If only I could get away with that! Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  14. Sounds exciting! I have the other books in this series on my list! I look forward to starting them. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jess! I can't wait for you to read them so we can gush about them! ;D

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love getting comments! I don't participate in blog tags, and this is an award-free blog; but I do love making new blogger friends. So, if you're a new follower, please leave me a link to your blog - I'd love to follow back.