Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (2): Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser comes from the following book:


Obsidian (Lux, #1)
Title:        Obsidian (Lux #1)
Author:    Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher:  Entangled Teen
Published:  May 8, 2012


Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.

 

My teaser is:

"Run. The voice came in my head. Run now, Kat. Don’t look back.
 Run! I threw the car door open and stumbled out."

Well!  All I have to say is... girl better get to running!
I'd love to know what your Teaser Tuesday is! Leave me a link in the comments so I can visit you!

13 comments:

  1. You're right -- it sounds like she'd better get outta there! Thanks for posting the synopsis too.
    My Teaser is from London Broil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to read this forever! Curious what is after Kat!
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondering what is happening? Here is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say so! :P And is it her voice she's hearing, or someone else's? 'Cause I think I'd be just as worried about the voice in my head as whatever was chasing me. LOL.

    Here’s my teaser from Defiance by C.J. Redwine! Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is she running from? good teaser!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good teaser. Have a great week.

    My Teaser Tues. and Sexy Snippet are from the same book, just different teasers.
    My Teaser Tuesday
    My Sexy Snippet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lovely choice of teaser! It makes me want to read the book again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love love love this book, great choice for a teaser!

    My TT

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic teaser! I love love love Obsidian!!! One of my fave books!!! :)

    My Teasers

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU'RE BACK!!! I MISSED YOU TO PIECES!!!! And oooo nice teaser! I haven't read this series yet, but I've heard AMAZING things!! *squish*

    ReplyDelete
  11. lmao.. yeah, I'd say she better start running.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your teaser. I nominated your blog for the Liebster Blog Award. Please check out my blog on Thursday July 12th, 2012 for info.

    http://reesesreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love getting comments! I don't participate in blog tags, and this is an award-free blog; but I do love making new blogger friends. So, if you're a new follower, please leave me a link to your blog - I'd love to follow back.