Monday, October 31, 2011

Hollowland by Amanda Hocking






What a great zombie story! Huge thanks to Jennifer for recommending this book to everyone and for letting us know that it is free on Amazon. I can’t believe this is free! I was so pleasantly surprised by the way this book grabbed hold of me and didn’t let go. I read it in one day, and fortunately, I don’t have a long wait until the next book in the series, Hollowmen (The Hollows #2). I really enjoyed female protagonist, Remy. Her Buffy-esque, kick a$$, zombie slayer attitude, and strong will made me a fan early on. Oh, and I may be more of a dog person, but I want a Ripley. Seriously. If you’re a zombie fan, read this book. If you’re not a zombie fan… ummmm…why not and how are we friends? Anyway, read the book. Did I mention that it’s FREE??

2 comments:

  1. LULZ..."why not and how are we friends?" Indeed. :) A friend also rec'd this to me way back when and I got it free (or very, very cheap, can't remember) from B&N. I don't know why I haven't read it yet, but it will definitely be moved up on the ole TBR pile. 'Cause I love dystopians but OMG, ZOMBIES are my fave! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,move it to the top! It's such a great, fast read! Zombie love!! After all, they were once people too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love getting comments! I don't participate in blog tags, and this is an award-free blog; but I do love making new blogger friends. So, if you're a new follower, please leave me a link to your blog - I'd love to follow back.